Quality Assurance of Providers
Once a provider joins the scheme, regular or periodic visits / inspections are made to the facility to ensure that the standard is kept. The focus of such inspections or quality assurance visits focuses on:
- The general state of the environment of the facility
- The quality and quantity of personnell
- The quality of the care given to patients
Generally such inspection/quality audit is carried out using a checklist.
Step by Step:
- On Personnel – confirm the number and qualifications of the doctors, nurses, nurses’ aids, laboratory scientists, cooks, stewards as well as admin & finance department staff.
- List the types of diagnostic equipment available and whether functioning.
- Stock of drugs and other medical aids
- Availability of ambulance service. (optional)
- Available Utilities – Generating Set, Water, Computers and Telephone.
- Record keepings. How are patients data kept and whether they are up to date
- Housekeeping – Cleanliness of the General ward, Private rooms, Toilets & Bathrooms, Kitchen and Premises.